The following shows for 2018 have been registered with the Zimbabwe Kennel club
|O3.02.18||Kennel Club of Harare||P Cernuschi||OP||DJ AG|
|10.02.18||Welsh Corgi Club of Mashonaland||A J Butler||OP||OB|
|24.02.18||Working Breeds Club of Mash||P Cernuschi||OP||DJ AG|
|25.02.18||Zimbabwe Kennel Club||P Cernuschi||OP||DJ AG|
|10.03.18||Kennel Club of Harare||P Cernuschi||OP||DJ AG|
|18.03.18||German Shepherd Dog Club of Hre||A J Butler||OP||OB|
|28.04.18||Zimbabwe Kennel Club||P Cernuschi||OP||OB|
|29.04.18||Zimbabwe Kennel Club||P Cernuschi||OP||DJ AG|
|02.06.18||Kennel Club of Harare||P Cernuschi||CH||OB BR||19.05.18|
|03.06.18||Kennel Club of Harare||P Cernuschi||CH||DJ AG||19.05.18|
|07.07.18||Working Breeds Club of Mash||P Cernuschi||CH||OB||23.06.18|
|08.07.18||Working Breeds Club of Mash||P Cernuschi||CH||DJ AG||23.06.18|
|14.07.18||Sheepdog Association of Zimbabwe||Mrs van der Ruit||CH||ST||30.06.18|
|15.07.18||Sheepdog Association of Zimbabwe||Mrs van der Ruit||CH||ST||30.06.18|
|17.07.18||Sheepdog Association of Zimbabwe||Mrs van der Ruit||CH||ST SD||30.06.18|
|18.07.18||Sheepdog Association of Zimbabwe||Mrs van der Ruit||CH||ST SD||30.06.18|
|28.07.18||German Shepherd Dog Club of Hre||A J Butler||CH||OB||13.07.18|
|29.07.18||German Shepherd Dog Club of Hre||A J Butler||CH||DJ||13.07.18|
|11.08.18||Kennel Club of Harare||P Cernuschi||CH||OB SD||28.07.18|
|12.08.18||Kennel Club of Harare||P Cernuschi||CH||DJAG SD||28.07.18|
|01.09.18||Zimbabwe Kennel Club||P Cernuschi||CH||OB||18.08.18|
|02.09.18||Zimbabwe Kennel Club||P Cernuschi||CH||DJ AG||18.08.18|
AVOID LOSING YOUR FAMILY DOG
A few guidelines to help avoid the anguish of losing your beloved pet. I have noticed that there are more and more “Lost Dogs” being reported on Mike Garden’s ” Bambazonke”
- Check that there are NO holes in your fence that your dog can get through, bearing in mind the size of your dog
- If you have a small dog and a bar type gate, as opposed to a solid gate, block off the lower portion of the gate with small mesh chiken wire or shade cloth to prevent your dog escaping through the bars. Check that the dog cannot get under the gate. I have seen that happen! Make sure you block that off as well.
- Having made sure that your dog cannot escape while you are at home, make sure, when you drive out the gate the dog cannot follow you. Before you drive away, make sure your dog is still in the yard. If you cannot be sure that the dog is secure in the yard, put the dog in the kitchen, if you are out for a short while or in the garage, somewhere safe, while you are driving away. I have known of dogs following their owner when they walk out the gate unbeknown to the owner that the dog is out loose.
- When you arrive home and open your electric gate and have left your dog in the yard. Locate them first before you drive in! Make sure your dog is secure and won’t run under your wheels or out the gate to chase another dog down the road. Again, once inside your yard, BEFORE you close your gate, make sure your dog is inside your property.
- If you must take your dog for a ride on the back of your pickup, make sure it is securely tied with a collar, not a slip chain, on to a fixture, on a short lead, so it cannot get over the side while you are moving.
- If you have lost your loved one please email Mike Garden’s Ndepi at keara@Ndeipi.co.zw.
- Finally, make sure that you are the be all and end all in your dog’s life with loving care. It will not run away.
Kennel Club of Harare